Saturday, November 1, 2008

And the countdown to the end of training begins....

Well, I cant believe that training is almost over... I mean I have 3 weeks left but only more days in the actual classroom. I am so excited!!! I am more excited that I won't have to miss out on the covering of the election... PC has arranged for us to get up as the a$$ crack of dawn and go to a really nice hotel to watchy the results! Im really excited because even though the stupid state of Ohio won't let me vote (its a conspiracy and I know it!) that I will be able to watch as the blue wave of hope sweeps across America! Yes, I said it! Barack is going to win!!! The morning will consist of celebratory drinking at the butt crack of dawn or.... drowning my sorrows ... either way, I'm sure it'll be a day I'll never forget!

So thank you all who have been writing me letters, I feel so loved!!! This past week was really stressful and I was very pissed off at a certain person this past Thursday, so when I received my 5 letters and my box that looked as if they just threw the box off the plane from 15,000 ft in the air, it made my freaking day!! Thank you grandma!!! That box was amazing... I loved the sodoku ,the magazine and coloring books and crayons... Amazing! (oh yeah, i heard that if you use the white flat rate boxes at the post office, it will come in a week...future reference)

Ok, so I guess you want to know whats it been like here, thats the reason you are reading... well, things are going well, just wrapping up my kiswahili lessons. My final test is next tuesday, wish me luck! After my final test, we go to shadow another volunteer and I am very excited!! I love my host momma, but the beans and rice every day is killing me. It will be good to get on my own and live in my own house.... Thank you to all the people that called me this past week and told me how fun Halloween weekend was at OU (while I was either walking to school or in school) that was amazing (SARCASM!)

Well, I love you all and I hope to send out my letters either monday or tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment