Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Site Announcements!!

This past week I shadowed a volunteer in a cooler area around Moshi... I loved it, I was cold at night. Her site was amazing (although it was in the mountain... and a quite dangerous hike or daladala ride to her site, which was at the top!) Some of the other volunteers came and they went on a hike down to the waterfall (there was nothing that would convince me to go on an 11 hr hike) and we were able to see Kenya from her house. They even had an British radio station that played American music!! It was absolutley gorgeous!! We went into town and I was able to get American food, I was so excited! And the hostel we stayed in had hot water... It was my first hot shower since I've been in Tanzania. We even went out to a pretty awesome night club that played good music.... although this guy kept dancing with me the whole night and by the end his girlfriend was not too happy.... good thing I dont know Kiswahili...haha.

So I was convinced that I would be going there for my service, but NO! I freaking got stuck in the desert in the central part of Tanzania... I mean it's a fairly awesome site because I have running water, electricity and even a western style toilet ( that's livng the big life in Peace Corps terms). I also only live about a 30min walk to a major town! compared to some other people, I got it made.... so I am not going to complain! I have a fully furnished home and even a refridgerator, so upon arrival I dont need to buy anything.My closest "peace corps" neighbor lives about 100km away...not close at all...haha. But it's crazy because the only specification that I made was that I hate the heat and want to be in a cooler climate... I guess it just wasnt meant to be... Hamna freaking shida!

So that's about all that is new with me... I get sworned in next week, and I will officially be a Peace Corps volunteer... cant believe it!! Write more later...gotta go

No comments:

Post a Comment